About the Owner
Ed Painter, owner of ASAP Pilot Car Services, spent many years as a prairie farmer, so mechanical knowledge and a resourceful nature are part of who he is. As a trucker, he has hauled loads into the Northwestern U.S. as well as across Canada. Mountain roads or endless flat plains – he’s driven them all, in every season.
He also knows how to be resourceful, whether he’s caught in a blizzard in northern mining country or getting an over-wide load over a narrow bridge on a detour.
All of our pilot cars are well equipped and well maintained. We can usually provide as many cars as you need for your job, large or small, with fully equipped pilot cars of our own and numerous affiliate drivers throughout Canada and the northwestern USA.
Our goal is to provide safe, reliable pilot car service at a fair and competitive price.
Our pilot cars are equipped with:
- Overhead mounted lit “OVERSIZE” signs, each with a set of amber warning lights
- All our drivers are PPE equipped
- Truck mounted VHF and CB mobile radios
- VHF and CB hand-held radios for your driver, to be used as secondary back-up communication if needed
- Dashboard cameras
- Fire extinguishers
- Hand held STOP-SLOW signs
- Flares and safety cones
- Safety flags
- Banners for wide and over-sized load
- Spare magnetic LED warning lights for attaching to sides of over-width loads
- Combination flashlight/traffic direction cones
- First aid kits
- Some of our drivers are WA State Certified through the Evergreen Safety Council